DePalma Studios is a boutique product design and development shop that specializes in user experience design and front-end development. We do NOT do backend development.
Our developers work hand-in-hand with our designers, who specialize in workflow optimization and interaction design. They understand what can and cannot be accomplished with front-end technologies and together our teams translate ideas into awe-inspiring user experiences.
We don’t maintain legacy systems – or maintain anything for that matter. We build applications our customers love, and move onto the next project.
And the projects keep coming, for there is no shortage of organizations that need our help. We guide the reimagining of clients’ existing applications, help build new ones and raise the UX/UI maturity of their internal development teams.
Our clients are very happy; our team members are very engaged. They also can be competitive – over bubble hockey, not jockeying for prime projects because we have plenty to go around.
If you want to be on a team that constantly pushes the boundaries of front-end development and like the idea of leading your own projects while using the latest technologies, let’s chat.
We’ve outlined proficiencies sought in a Front End Developer, grouped into minimum, advanced, and optimal levels. You don’t need all these attributes, but more, at least in this case, is better. Having a positive attitude and enjoying daily challenges in a fast-paced, open studio environment, however, are not negotiable.
- jQuery (understanding of basic DOM manipulation)
- Media Queries
- Working under SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Experience with Git and using GitFlow
- Working with GulpJS as part of daily workflow
- Experience working with REST apis
- Comfortable writing semantic HTML5
- Knowledge of CSS3 animations
- ES6 and TypeScript knowledge
- Angular 2.0
- Understanding of TDD and familiarity with AngularJS unit testing
- Experience using promises, specifically Bluebird style.
- Experience with Foundation, Bootstrap, or other responsive frameworks
- Experience using BEM syntax / atomic design principles in CSS
- Experience with using front-end languages that need precompilers (Sass, TypeScript, etc.)
- Experience with D3 - working with and manipulating SVG in the browser
- Experience with writing more in-depth HTML5 applications (streaming audio/video, geolocation, etc.)